Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Check Out My New Blog

I have a new gig. And I'm so excited! I'm writing about glass. I know I do that anyway but this is as the Glass Craft Editor for craftgossip.com. If you follow me here...follow me there. It's a blog about all things glass. Here's a direct link to my blog. http://glassart.craftgossip.com/. I'll talk about beads and fusing and mosaics and even stained glass occasionally. Everyone needs to represented. I'll also talk about upcoming conferences and classes and meetings and events related to glass. I'll review new products and even talk about what's already out there if I feel like you need to know about it. It's pretty cool. So if there's something I should know about please pass on the information. The more posts the better. I'm always looking for stories about glass. It's all about the glass!!

Now here's a bit about me...August is coming up and I'll be Artist-in-Residence at Hands on 3rd all month. I'm very excited about that. I'll be making beads in their window as well as working on PMC, macramé and some lampshade projects. All good fun. I'll be teaching a bunch of classes there too. I'll post a listing here once I know more. We will be having a reception on August 7th, so come on down.

I've added a couple of places to teach at...Santa Clarita Craft Lab for those of you that live in that northern area of Los Angeles County. I'll be teaching bead making in September and macramé in October. I'll post that info soon! And I'm teaching at Farrin O'connor in October. It's going to be a wire macramé class with a project straight out of my book. Details coming!

Over at Reform School we have a bead making class next Friday and Saturday evening. It's July 24-25 from 7-10 each evening. Check out the Home Ec website for more information and to sign up. I think there's still space available. Did you see their booth at the Renegade Craft Fair last weekend? So cute. And what a fun show. Something I hope I can do next year.

About the Renegade Craft Fair...etsy was there. Do you etsy? I live for etsy!! I get a nice chunk of my income through etsy so I really believe in them. It was great to see them representing at the show. And there was a great meet-up after the show for sellers and a buyer...Anda and Sara were there to answer questions and to help put a face to their avatars. I'll post something all about etsy very soon. I'm actually joining an etsy group so I'll have even more to say. But alas...it's time to go make stuff. How about you? Isn't it time for you to go make stuff? I think so. Go make something!!

2 comments:

Lisa Crone said...

Hi there! I wasn't sure the best way to contact you, but wanted to ask if you would mind me mentioning you and your book/work on my blog tonight. Congrats on the book, it's fabulous!! I just posted about macrame and seemed like a good time to mention it. Thanks! Lisa C., www.abeadaday.blogspot.com

Cathi said...

Hi Lisa,
I hope this isn't too late in getting back to you. I can be reached normally at beadbrains@sbcglobal.net. I've been bad about paying attention to this blog since I write another one more regularly. I'd love to be written about. Who wouldn't? And I can write about you too. I'm constantly looking for things to write about. I get a bit bored writing about myself. That's why my other blog is good, glassart.craftgossip.com. Check it out when you get a chance. And thanks for taking interest in my book.

xo,
Cathi