Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Upcoming Good Times

Howdy Crafty People!!
It's been way too long since my last posting and I will try so much harder to write more stuff more often. I've got classes coming up that everyone should know about. First is a two evening glass bead making class at Home Ec at Reform School in Silverlake on Sunset Blvd. Check out their web site @ http://www.homeecshop.com/. It's Friday and Saturday night, May 22-23. It should be a really good time. We'll make stringer (which is used to decorate your beads and allows you to get to know hot glass before you try to make a bead) and then an assortment of cute little beads. When you're done with the two evenings you'll definitely have enough beads to make a bracelet and totally impress your friends.

Next up I'll be teaching at a new spot in the mid-Wilshire area of LA. It's a cool new store/studio called Hands on 3rd. It's on 3rd near La Cienega. Check out their web site @ http://www.handson3rd.com/. I'm teaching an assortment of classes there...macramé...precious metal clay...and a cool rhinestone class known as "Bring it and Bling it". We'll be starting with macramé on May 29th and then again on June 4th and we'll be making the Donut Necklace that was first seen on DIY Jewelry Making. There's a basic PMC class on June 11th as well another June 26th. "Bring it and Bling it" is on June 12th and there's a mother daughter version on June 14th. Another more advanced, two part PMC class will be July 1st and 8th. This will include making your own molds using the photo emulsion plate techninique I did on CraftLab, another DIY TV show. You'll use your own artwork that will be drawn onto a piece of transparency material and expose it via UV light onto a light sensitive photo emulsion plate. It's pretty cool. We'll then make PMC pendants with those plates. Lots of fun ahead! Also, I'll be artist in residence at Hands on 3rd for the month of August. I'll keep everyone posted on that and when I'm there you can come on down and see what I'm up to.

I've also got another glass bead making class at Lighthouse Stained Glass in Hollywood, June 13th. That's a 5 hour class and is always a good time. Lots of beads will be made.

And check out all of the cool charms and pendants and beads and clasps I've got posted on pixieindustries.etsy.com by Lea Anne Hartman. Don't forget to also go to beadbrains.etsy.com and pick up some cute handmade glass beads by me...my web site has all the class information listed as well as links and other good stuff.

I must not forget to mention my upcoming book signings scheduled in the month of June. First there's June 6th at the San Gabriel Bead Co. They're having one of their big sales that weekend so bargains will be abundent!! On June 20th I'll be at Tall Mouse Crafts in Laguna Niguel doing another book signing. Whoo hoo! It should be a good time!! The following weekend I'll be back at Tall Mouse for the OC Handmade Brigade's craft show. Hope to see you all at any of these fabulous events. Now isn't it time for you to go make something?!

1 comment:

Lisa Crone said...

Hi there! Congratulations on your wonderful success! Your book looks awesome, I can't wait to see it!! Lisa C., www.abeadaday.blogspot.com