Monday, May 25, 2009

Fused Glass and a Flame Heart Wall Sconce

Well, I finally got to see it. Had to get up at 6:30 in the morning but it was worth it. I was on Craft Lab this morning with Jennifer Perkins, the most fabulous hostess, and we were making a couple of fused glass wall sconces. Sure I could have used a bit of make-up but otherwise I was quite pleased with how it turned out. The episode first aired last year on DIY and wouldn't you know I had just accidentally cancelled DIY from my cable TV line up. I could see my name in the description but couldn't watch the show. So this time I saw it and it was on HGTV. Whoo hoo!
Here's a picture of one of the lamps we worked on. I love it! It's design is based on a metal clay pendant I made. Check it out below.


I'm teaching metal clay at Hands on 3rd soon. Check out their web site for the schedule...
www.hands-on3rd.com. There's a basic class coming up in June...

New stuff is being posted on etsy all the time so check out my beadbrains store for my handmade glass beads and jewelry and my pixie industries store for Lea Anne Hartman's amazing silver and shibuichi pendants, clasps, charms and beads. Now go make something!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Perkins said...

Hey lady thanks for the shout out! I loved that episode. Thanks for the Sweedish Etsy link I got the portrait for mother's day. When am I gonna see your book? Just got a bunch of vintage craft books today with some groovy macrame projects and I thought hey I never got her book.