Monday, March 30, 2009

Beads...beads...beads...can you say de-stash?

I make beads...but I used to buy a lot of beads. So I've started a de-stash on pixieindustries.etsy.com as a way to cut down on the clutter and free up some beads and buttons for the rest of the world. There are vintage glass buttons...semi-precious beads...silver charms...all kinds of goodies. Check it out...

I should be seeing some things from Lea Anne Hartman soon. I can't wait to open the box. I know I'll make some jewelry and I know I'll sell some of the pieces on pixieindustries.etsy.com shop. I'll keep you posted on their arrival. We're going to be working on a few of my designs too. There's going to be an update to my bead ring...it was recently seen with me on DIY Jewelry Making. You know they air that show at 4:00am EST. The next episode I'm in should be on soon. It's the recycling show where I make glass beads with an olive oil bottle.

Did everyone indulge in an hour of darkness onSaturday for Earth Hour? We found it rather refreshing and actually kept the lights out for almost 2 hours. Talking to each other rather than mindlessly watching TV or sitting in front of the computer. It should be a regular thing.

Is anyone else out there a bit bored with Facebook? I know I am...but I'll probably log in anyway at some point...I guess my feelings are about it as a time suck...shouldn't we all be making stuff? Goodies and crafts and stuff to give as gifts or indulge ourselves with? I think so...I'm going to go make something...what are you going to make?

2 comments:

Devona said...

Where can I tune in to see you make these olive oil bottle beads? I've been challenged by a friend to find a craft that reuses bottles, and this is in a totally different vein than what I was thinking. Now I'm very curious!

I'm gonna check out your etsy shop, too. I have Easter dresses to make soon and little beads will be a sweet alternative to buttons on the bodice.

Cathi said...

The DIY Network is the station that airs DIY Jewelry Making. I'm not sure of the date it's airing and the show is on at 4am eastern time...I do make little buttons too. They're in my etsy store...

Thanks