Friday, March 6, 2009

What are we going to make today?

Everyday brings the challenge of what am I making today. Sometimes I have a list that someone else has given me but alot of the time I need to be the one making the list. So what are the priorities of the day? How do you decide what to make? Something to think about...

I've been doing macramé a lot lately...I've got that book coming out in May. I'm working on the traditional hippie staples, the plant hanger and the trusty owl wall hanging. I'll post the step outs and resulting photos soon! They will also be miniaturized for jewelry. Pretty cool stuff...

There are always new beads being posted on my etsy store and I'm starting up pixieindustries.etsy.com to sell supplies and vintage beads and stuff and gorgeous silver and shibuichi metal beads and findings by Lea Anne Hartman. As soon as I get the first box of goodies from her I'll post pictures. Her work is fabulous!!

I've got a bunch of my jewelry in an eco-fashion show this Saturday evening. I'll post pictures as soon as I have them. Quite a few of the pieces are from my macramé book. Fashion macramé!!

I've got a macramé class March 18th at the San Gabriel Bead Co. in Arcadia. The twisted beaded bracelet. It's quite nice. I'll be booking more classes both in macramé and glass bead making so check here or my web site www.beadbrains.com for new info. Also, as soon as the weather warms up a bit I'm going to be starting Sunday Crafternoon at Cathi's. There will be bead making, wire wrapping, macramé, screen printing, glass fusing and so much more...

Now make your list, and go make something!!

No comments: