Thursday, October 1, 2009

Back in my studio


I am trying very hard to make room for the stuff I brought back from being the Artist in Residence at Hands on 3rd. It was all here before I went over there. I just spread out a bit while I was away. A yard sale would be a good thing right now but I hate hosting those things. I think a trip to the thrift store is in order later today. So much stuff!! Anyway, here I am sifting and organizing in between making beads and planning my future. Egad...at least I know what I'm planning.

So I'm teaching a two day beginner bead making class at the Mandrel this weekend. I think there's still space available. Come on down. Two day classes are always great since you're a bead maker on the second day. That changes everything. And the class is at a cool studio in Redondo Beach. Donna of the Mandrel has everything you could possibly need to make beads. Tools and great glass and books and other goodies. I'll have to keep myself from doing too much shopping.

If you can't make it to my class and you love glass go to Pacific Art Glass this weekend for Glass Fest. If only I could clone myself, I'd be at two places at once. Glass Fest has demos and a big sale and glass good times. I'm going to stop by Sunday morning for a fraction of a moment on my way to class. Got to absorb extra glass vibes!!

So when I was checking my email this morning I noticed that I was mentioned in a great newsletter called StyleSubstanceSoul. Yay!! I met these lovely ladies while at Hands on 3rd. They have a great web site that promotes women and creativity and you should check it out! Sign up for their newsletter. It's pretty cool. Kind of like Daily Candy but I think better.


And for those of you music lovers, come up to Eagle Rock Saturday for the Eagle Rock Music Festival. There's tons of music!! From 4-11pm along Colorado Blvd. between Eagle Rock Blvd. and Townsend. My sweetheart Jack has a stage for his store Future Music and will be playing drums with The Black Dynamite Sound Orchestra. Also one of my new favorite band, Random Patterns is playing. So much great music!!

And finally don't forget to check out my glass blog I write for at craftgossip.com. It's the Glass Arts page.It'll keep you informed about some of the glass info you need from around the web! Now isn't it time for you to go make something? I know it is for me!!

No comments: